I never understood my mother's strong aversion to pageantry of any sort when I was a kid. While my friends contested in my school's beauty and brain's pageant, I braved the waters of spelling bees, recitals and math competitions. Now, let's get one thing straight, the recitals were the only things I ever won. I didn't make it past second round in the math! However, I learnt a valuable lesson. "Not to rely on my face". I learnt I should rely on my head instead. Now I'm older, I realize why she did it. I would have probably ended up a VERY vain person. This didn't stop me cheering my friends though! They were awesome people! Now, I find myself tending towards the rougher, more manual things in life. I don't care for make up or even lip balm. However, I'm far from a tomboy. What am I trying to say? My mother taught not to rely on my face, and I'm proud of it.
Sometimes it's just for peace. Some of us naturally don't like conflict. But whoever you're arguing with may just be so narrow-minded and we all know someone like that😏but we just need to find a way to get our point to him or her in a more peaceful way
ReplyDelete